Brookelynnoddart

I have discovered these in Coldwater, MS in a nearby gully I frequently go to for these amazing finds. If Anyone has some great insight into what they are for sure, I would greatly appreciate knowing how much or if they are worth anything ?

IMG-2834.JPG

IMG-2835.JPG

IMG-2836.JPG

IMG-2837.JPG

IMG-2838.JPG

IMG-2839.JPG

IMG-2840.JPG

IMG-2841.JPG

IMG-2842.JPG

IMG-2843.JPG

IMG-2844.JPG

Some beautiful corals, possibly crinoid impression. Regarding if it's worth anything- a mod will surely chime in stating that the forum does not provide valuations. From my personal point of view, fossils are invaluable objects that enrich us by teaching us about the earth and the organisms that have preceded us. They teach us and enrich our understanding of the earth and past life, inspire us to learn more and help us appreciate the life that currently survives. In my eye, they are not commodities for trade. In that sense they have greater value, especially since you found them yourself, than any subsequent owner can have. Congratulations on your beautiful finds!

• Enjoyed 1
  • I Agree 1

These and the others you've posted look mostly like transported paleozoic marine fossils. The are made of chert which is sort of like quartz in that it is resistant to erosion. Rivers transport these resistant rocks (clasts) and concentrate them by weight and shape in your stream bed. The quartz pebbles and chert fossils are in stream bars together where you find them. I'd look at the Mississippi Geology map to see what outcrops in your area. these are probably not from those formations though but some could be.

We don't appraise fossils monetary worth on the Fossil Forum. It is against the rules, and, frankly, not possible to be done via pictures.

Suffice it to say, if it is not a shark tooth, crab or Dinosaur fossil, it won't be worth much, monetarily speaking.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I think, first picture right is Oolite.

16797398092_0f0e0b1d8d_b.thumb.jpg.4143d5ebeea3a448895c7edbf5895dfb.jpg

Edited by abyssunder
  • I Agree 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library