So my trip to Denver/Morrison, Colorado.

Raistlin

So I had a great week out there. Visited all the museums around as well as Dinosaur Ridge and Red Rocks. Also checked out Florissant fossil quarry and Pikes Peak. I have way too many photos to share all of them. I want to say for anyone out that way, go check out the museums. OMG they are amazing. It's hard to pick the best but one that stands out on top (because of more than just their fossil displays) is the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. Their wildlife displays are better than any zoo I've been to. Hands down simply an amazing place.

The others are fantastic too. The Morrison Natural History Museum, Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Center, Dinosaur Ridge (Discovery Center is between Red Rocks and Dinosaur Ridge), Florissant Fossil Quarry (and take a bag or two home also).

If you take some bags home use more than one thin razor blade and a jewelers hammer. Don't stack the blades on top of one another but put them on the same plane side by side if need be. This will help you split the shale on thinner and more complete layers. Bits of wood found in the shale is still there and can be destroyed fairly easily I recommend a stabilizer for all the fossils found there. 

Despite not being able to collect like I do here in Missouri those living near the area that can visit these places often are very lucky.

On a side note today I got to get out and collect some Pennsylvanian plants (wood) that I've never been able to collect before. There were some nice pieces too big to bring home sadly. 

• I found this Informative 2

Robert
Southeast, MO

• 3 weeks later...

Some photos are too big and not loading into the posts. I'm trying to pick some of my favorites.

Here are a few additional Dinosaur Ridge pics.

20210915_113238.jpg

20210915_113246.jpg

20210915_115418.jpg

20210915_120336.jpg

20210915_122641.jpg

20210915_122653.jpg

20210915_122714.jpg

20210915_122724.jpg

20210915_122834.jpg

• Enjoyed 5

Robert
Southeast, MO

FANTASTIC PICTURES !

I like to go to this site while I am out West.

https://www.utahoutdooractivities.com/obsidiancollecting.html

• Thank You 2