Jump to content

Recommended Posts

After a two year hiatus a fifth trilobite has recently been named in my honor. This time the Great German Trilobitologist: Ulrich Flick has bestowed Chotecops morrisoni upon yours truly. The holotype for C. morrisoni was discovered in the Devonian (lower Eifelian) Günterod Limestone of Günterod, Germany. In 1971 Professor Ivo Chlupáč established the new taxon Chotecops named for the type locality of the Chotec Limestone of the Czech Republic. Most fossil aficionados are familiar with Chotecops ferdinandi originating from the roofing tiles of the Hunsrück Slate: a classic trilobite that evokes images of golden pyritized specimens that collectively have preserved a complete record of their antennae and post-antennal limbs. I'm absolutely delighted to share this special 'high five' moment of this phenomenal new member of the Phacopinae with you all! mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.yimg.com%2Fok

 

 

image.thumb.png.6a2f63573f3c1370d4f7370f987aa23a.png


Flick, U. 2021

Taxa der Phacopinae HAWLE & CORDA, 1847 (Trilobita) aus dem Grenzbereich Emsium/Eifelium sowie Unter-Eifelium Unter-/Mitteldevon) der Bicken-Ense-Decke (Rheinisches Schiefergebirge). [Taxa of the Phacopinae HAWLE & CORDA, 1847 (Trilobita) from the Emsian/Eifelian and Lower Eifelian Lower/Middle Devonian Boundary Area) of the Bicken-Ense-Decke (Rhenish Massif).] Geologisches Jahrbuch Hessen, 140:73-100


Chlupáč, I. 1971
New Phacopid Trilobites from the Devonian of Czechoslovakia.
[Noví Phacopidní Trilobiti z Československého Devonu. (Czech summary)]
Časopis pro Mineralogii a Geologii, 16(3):255-261

  • I found this Informative 7
  • Enjoyed 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
Fossildude19

Congratulations on the well deserved honor, Scott!  :yay-smiley-1:

Well done, sir.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad

Splendid news, most delightful and well earned. Panama.gif.b935e6651badeab34e76aa95a6f6e0de.gif

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Top Trilo

Congrats Scott, this is definitely well deserved. Your extensive knowledge of trilobites always amazes me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Malcolmt

That is awesome........most of us are still dreaming that we may someday get a fiirst

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeffrey P

Congrats Scott. A fine and wonderful honor. Here, here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ChristineR

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing this good news. :trilosurprise:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Al Dente

Congratulations.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

Congrats Scott ! Well deserved with all your knowledge of trilos ! :Smiling:

 

Coco

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ludwigia

Congratulations, Scott. Your continued dedication to the subject has once again borne fruit for you. It's good to see that you have earned world-wide recognition for your work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mainefossils

Congratulations! Thank you for your constant contributions to science! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats man.

 

RB

Link to post
Share on other sites
Paleorunner

My big congratulations for the recognition received.   :yay-smiley-1:

 

                                   ENJOY IT !!!  :SlapHands:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations!

 

:yay-smiley-1:

 

Looking forward to hearing about the next five! ;)

 

 

Cheers.

 

-Ken

Link to post
Share on other sites
bcfossilcollector

Congratulations :default_clap2:!And thank you for all the information and knowledge you generously provide. I have benefited greatly from it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

Congratulations on the well deserved honor, Scott!  :yay-smiley-1:

Well done, sir.

 

 

18 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Splendid news, most delightful and well earned. Panama.gif.b935e6651badeab34e76aa95a6f6e0de.gif

 

 

17 hours ago, Top Trilo said:

Congrats Scott, this is definitely well deserved. Your extensive knowledge of trilobites always amazes me.

 

16 hours ago, FossilDAWG said:

:yay-smiley-1: :yay-smiley-1: :yay-smiley-1: Congratulations!! :yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

:trilowalk::trilowalk::trilowalk::trilowalk::trilowalk::trilowalk::trilowalk::trilowalk:

 

16 hours ago, Malcolmt said:

That is awesome........most of us are still dreaming that we may someday get a fiirst

 

16 hours ago, Jeffrey P said:

Congrats Scott. A fine and wonderful honor. Here, here.

 

16 hours ago, fossilhunter21 said:

 

That's awesome! Conratulations! :default_clap2::yay-smiley-1::default_clap2::yay-smiley-1: 

 

14 hours ago, Stingray said:

Excellent work :Jumping:

 

13 hours ago, Praefectus said:

Congratulations! :Smiling:

 

12 hours ago, ChristineR said:

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing this good news. :trilosurprise:

 

9 hours ago, Al Dente said:

Congratulations.

 

9 hours ago, Coco said:

Hi,

 

Congrats Scott ! Well deserved with all your knowledge of trilos ! :Smiling:

 

Coco

 

9 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Congratulations, Scott. Your continued dedication to the subject has once again borne fruit for you. It's good to see that you have earned world-wide recognition for your work.

 

8 hours ago, Mainefossils said:

Congratulations! Thank you for your constant contributions to science! :)

 

7 hours ago, RJB said:

Congrats man.

 

RB

 

6 hours ago, Paleorunner said:

My big congratulations for the recognition received.   :yay-smiley-1:

 

                                   ENJOY IT !!!  :SlapHands:

 

6 hours ago, Denis Arcand said:

Way to go :thumbsu:

 

5 hours ago, digit said:

Congratulations!

 

:yay-smiley-1:

 

Looking forward to hearing about the next five! ;)

 

 

Cheers.

 

-Ken

 

1 hour ago, bcfossilcollector said:

Congratulations :default_clap2:!And thank you for all the information and knowledge you generously provide. I have benefited greatly from it. 

 

 

A virtual group hug to all of my great TFF friends old and new...mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fweb.archive.org%2F...thank you all for the wonderful comments!

 

  • Enjoyed 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Five trilobites! The quintessential honor!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations sir! Your knowledge deserves to be recognized. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I return to the forum, and find your famous, Again! Congratulations Scott and glad to see your still here:fistbump:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2021 at 12:04 PM, tombk said:

Five trilobites! The quintessential honor!

 

On 10/9/2021 at 8:58 PM, Sjfriend said:

Congratulations sir! Your knowledge deserves to be recognized. 

 

On 10/10/2021 at 7:42 PM, bdevey said:

Well I return to the forum, and find your famous, Again! Congratulations Scott and glad to see your still here:fistbump:

 

 

Thanks again to everyone for all the great replies! baseball cap smiley      

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...