New Jersey Cretaceous Amber Set In Jewelry

usaman65

Hi guys-

As most of you know, I'm into New Jersey Cretaceous amber. It's 90-93 million years old, Sayreville, NJ. I dug most myself, I cut and polish myself.

I Just got back today from the Jeweler, I had one of my Cabs of New Jersey Amber custom set in 22k gold. There is a leaf inclusion through the Gem quality stone. I am almost certain it is the first Cretaceous Amber set in fine jewelry.

I thought I'd share the it with all of you.

Kev

post-39-12673049282538_thumb.jpg

Very nice!

Pretty big piece for your site, isn't it?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

A lot larger than average, But large pieces are found. Here is some pictures of finished cabs I have cut.

post-39-12674843028279_thumb.jpg

Botanicals mostly. 1/1,000 pieces have insect inclusions. Ive found and traded for over 50 myself, the American Museum of Natural History reviewed everything recently.

kec.

Wow, I thought there was a higher percentage than that. Seems like you have a fabulous collection though :wub:

This is the first time I saw NJ amber being sets in jewelry. While most NJ amber brittle and small but some are gem quality enough to enter the premium jewelry. Burmite also cretaceous but brownish red and translucent only. I can say this is 'The first transparent clear yellow Cretaceous amber set in the world'. Congratulations Kev...