My Recent Trips

BobC

Hey Guys--I am on a fossil video rampage! Found a great spot today where I found Salenia, hearts, and a partial Cidarid!! What a great day I've had. Here's the vid:

Not sure if I posted a link to the vid of my first Cidarid--so here it is:

AND...I just found a cool new Loriolia site:

Hey will you guys subscribe to my videos?

Edited by BobC

Someone on the site asked me for new shots of a mystery fossil I found underneath a rudist reef in North Texas--here they are:

post-1290-1267410916222_thumb.jpg

And here is a cool little find--nothing unusual except for the way the top of the slab is all casts of ancient clams, but the bottom is all imprints! Weirdsville.

post-1290-12674111459362_thumb.jpg

post-1290-12674112240603_thumb.jpg

Edited by BobC

Great site Bob! You find most of these places using a geographic map?

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

OMG!:o You hit fossil gold my friend.;) Looks like you could make a living out of that area.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Upton Sinclair

Bob.... I'ts great going fossil hunting with you... :D .. keep posting the video's and show me a bit of scenery when you can ;)....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

I will, Terry--that is most of the fun for me, disappearing into nature and seeing the sights! Even I didn't really know how beautiful parts of Texas are. I'll make sure I put more scenery in my upcoming vids.

Phoenix--Yeah I look at the GAT maps as a general guide, but I do better when I follow my instincts. I have never once come home empty-handed, not even remotely. This weekend I was just driving down a very long highway for probably 20 miles, and my fossil detector went off, so I turned down this one little crappy road and there was my new spot! I can't really explain it--it's like intuition or something. I have noticed that some forum members have found some of my spots by following maps--but I found those spots just following my nose. Not very scientific, but it is adventurous. Also--since I love wildlife, I get to see a lot of it even if the fossil hunting isn't spectacular. In the past few weeks I've seen and filmed a gray fox, wild turkeys,emus, llamas, alpacas, gazelle, roadrunners, and even a sable antelope! Texas has lots of exotic animal ranches. I have yet to see a mountain lion but hopefully one day I will. Ranchers shoot them here so they are scarce and secretive.

Bob--Texas is a great place if you love ancient sea urchins. I have thousands of them!