Who and what is this?

WyoProspector

Judging by the images here, my guess would be non-fossil rock with differential weathering. I do not see anything diagnostic to suggest skull morphology, or texture.

• I Agree 5

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Not a skull - no bone texture, or actual skull morphology.

Weathered rock.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I wonder how many tons of rock are taken home thinking its a fossil?  I know I brought home just plain ole rock when I first started. 

RB

• I Agree 3

2 hours ago, RJB said:

I wonder how many tons of rock are taken home thinking its a fossil?  I know I brought home just plain ole rock when I first started.

That is often part of the learning process. That's why going out collecting with someone who knows the fossils in the area can avoid the lugging home of many heavy non-fossils and provide a good search image to the actual fossils that might be found in an area.

Cheers.

-Ken

44 minutes ago, WyoProspector said:

Dang. It looked like a smushed head to me. Kinda snake like. Thanks for your thoughts though. 

Yes, it does sorta look like a smushed head, which is why you were asking us in the first place, right? You have recieved not only our thoughts, but also our experienced opinions, for which you are of course quite welcome.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Nah, I'll just call it my CrocRock. I live where the shoreline of Lake Gosiute shoud have been at one time. Lots of crazy looking things about. Eocene formation. Wasatch I think.