How to prepare these? Newbie post

AJS

Hi all,

first post and newbie collector so appologies if this is posted in the wrong place. 
On a Recent trip to Dorset these were found and I’d love some input on the best way to prepare these. One is large and I as tempting as it was to just have at it with the hammer and chisel, I suspect more interesting things may be lurking in there. The others are much smaller and may need something like an air scribe?? Recommendations on that line appreciated also. 

thank you in advance for any help/tips/recommendations. 

C8A6584D-F7AB-4E59-ADA3-8490E6305CE4.jpeg

1BA79D48-187B-4B13-B65B-E412A831CC3C.jpeg

15334378-333F-4C07-99E9-E06B1809D52F.jpeg

65FD3DFC-3B28-43A3-A352-72D9FD2FC9E7.jpeg

0DE1EBC2-755C-4136-9B47-AE33E96A2DC3.jpeg

You'd be better off taking these to someone with an air scribe and abrader. You may damage them too much with hammer and chisel if you have little experience. The matrix on the ones in the middle snaps looks relatively soft with flatly pressed fossils, right?

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

1 hour ago, Ludwigia said:

You'd be better off taking these to someone with an air scribe and abrader. You may damage them too much with hammer and chisel if you have little experience. The matrix on the ones in the middle snaps looks relatively soft with flatly pressed fossils, right?

yes they are flat - I was particularly concerned doing anything to those involving anything sharp! Too delicate. I will look into sending them off somewhere thank you. 

To be quite honest: In my opinion, only the first one might be worth being tackled by an expert. The others all look like B-grade and there's not much more to be done with the soft ones.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/