Mosasaur??

JSKinsey

Welcome to TFF from Austria!

Your first item sure looks like a bone, but I can not give any more details, as I am not into bones ;).

What do you think about your second item?

Franz Bernhard

Hi, and welcome to TFF from France! Great to see some new finds from what I presume is the NSR from your location?

2 hours ago, RuMert said:

The 1st is definitely a mosasaur vertebra

I concur with Yury, your first item is a mosasaur vertebra :default_clap2: Your second piece also appears to be a sliver of bone, but is too small to identify. Your last item appears to be a big chunk of chert or flint, though ;)

• I Agree 2

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

Just now, JSKinsey said:

The last pics are still unknown. Something about it keeps drawing me back...The little voice says keep it.

1 hour ago, pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon said:

Your last item appears to be a big chunk of chert or flint

Thus, it's geological, rather than a fossil, although the surrounding matrix does seem to be potentially fossiliferous... And you should always keep specimens you like, even if not a fossil. Something being a fossil doesn't validate it - unless you're buying it, and it's supposed to be a fossil :D

• Enjoyed 1
  • I Agree 2

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett