Hudson, Fl

FossilHunterNYC

Is there any spot we can go for Meg/shark teeth in the Hudson Florida area ? I know about Venice but wanted to see if anyone had luck a little bit further up the coast 

I think you have to clarify the question...

I live down by Fort Myers and will drive to any River or Creek within 100 miles and I find sometime Megs and certainly 100s of small shark teeth. Get a map of Florida Rivers and Creeks, Go to crossing bridges. Take a cullender and garden trowel. NO rules for collecting shark teeth on public lands, which is what most of those rivers and creeks are....

Alternatively,  attend the next meeting of the Tampa Bay Fossil Club, and walk around , saying you are a newbee and want to find some local spots that have small shark teeth.

So, YES, there are thousands of spots... Start close to Hudson and gradually move away from the city on the waterways..

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

2 minutes ago, Shellseeker said:

I think you have to clarify the question...

I live down by Fort Myers and will drive to any River or Creek within 100 miles and I find sometime Megs and certainly 100s of small shark teeth. Get a map of Florida Rivers and Creeks, Go to crossing bridges. Take a cullender and garden trowel. NO rules for collecting shark teeth on public lands, which is what most of those rivers and creeks are....

Alternatively,  attend the next meeting of the Tampa Bay Fossil Club, and walk around , saying you are a newbee and want to find some local spots that have small shark teeth.

So, YES, there are thousands of spots... Start close to Hudson and gradually move away from the city on the waterways..

to clarify, I’m staying in Hudson Florida for a week and wanted to know if there are any areas around here that have produced many teeth

The coastlines along Pasco, Pinellas, and Hernando counties are not known to be productive for shark teeth though there's always a chance of finding a straggler or two. 

“Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" 

Descartes