French Dinosaur egg -- Megaloolithus?

FF7_Yuffie

Hello,

What is everybody's thoughts on this partial/worn dinosaur egg from France.

Measurements: 16/11cm

Seller says Titanosaur--am I right that from France, the oogenus would be Megaloolithus? The shell color seems a bit different than the usual eggs, but I am guessing that is solely because of differences in formation? I see there are a lot of places eggs have been found.

Hard clay/limestone matrix and transferred to a strip of plaster, which is appareently the usual technique for collecting France eggs.

So, does it look ok to everybody? I'd quite like a French egg to go alongside my Chinese ones--and this one is in my budget whereas most from France are pretty costly. I know it's not top quality, but they are quite rare from there.

Thanks

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

The matrix looks authentic enough. But with pieces of shell stuck all over the place with few of them connecting amongst once another it looks like what I'd normally call either highly recommended or fabricated... Let's see what @Pixpaleosky and @Troodon make of this...

• Thank You 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

Looks like a homemade pie that failed.

These french eggs typically have broken shells and look mosaic but I have a concern with this one that its partially/all fabricated.  Colors of adjacent peices are too varied.  Also some eggshells look placed.  May be real but too may red flags for me to purchase it.

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 3