Is this an azhdarchid jaw ? Found in Laos - location same as spinosaur tooth.

Cartoonfossil

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Is this an azhdarchid jaw ? Found in Laos - location same as spinosaur tooth.

Hi,

in a rare occasion i think this looks rather like tooth than like bone (more often it is the other way round). So not a jaw piece, rather a tooth fragment (not Azdharchid of course) as far as I can tell.

Best Regards,

J

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley

5 hours ago, Mahnmut said:

Hi,

in a rare occasion i think this looks rather like tooth than like bone (more often it is the other way round). So not a jaw piece, rather a tooth fragment (not Azdharchid of course) as far as I can tell.

Best Regards,

J

You think soroupod tooth?

5 hours ago, Mahnmut said:

Hi,

Best Regards,

J

It like soroupod tooth?

images (37).jpeg

Sorry,

I can not give you any exact ID for this fragment. The texture just looked more like tooth than like bone to me. Maybe others can say more.

I recommend looking up what are common fossil species in your region.

Best Regards,

J

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley

3 hours ago, Mahnmut said:

Sorry,

I can not give you any exact ID for this fragment. The texture just looked more like tooth than like bone to me. Maybe others can say more.

I recommend looking up what are common fossil species in your region.

Best Regards,

J

Thank you

16 hours ago, Mahnmut said:

สวัสดี,

ในโอกาสที่หายากฉันคิดว่ามันดูเหมือนฟันมากกว่าเหมือนกระดูก (มักจะเป็นในทางกลับกัน) ดังนั้นไม่ใช่ชิ้นส่วนกราม แต่เป็นเศษฟัน (ไม่ใช่ Azdharchid แน่นอน) เท่าที่ฉันสามารถบอกได้

ขอแสดงความนับถืออย่างสูง,

เจ

เหมือนฟันโซรูพอด?

Like Sauropod tooth?

I agree, the lustre on the inside of the pieces in the video almost makes them look calcitic, and in that sense much more like the enamel of teeth rather than bone. The outside, however, looks much more like bone, with the surface moreover being too smooth to consider something like fossil wood. If these pieces are pterosaur, possibly @FF7_Yuffie or @msantix would be able to help you. But as I think there's a chance of this being geological, I'll also tag @Rockwood, who's much more versed in those kind of matters than I am :)

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

51 minutes ago, pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon said:

ฉันเห็นด้วย ความแวววาวที่ด้านในของชิ้นส่วนในวิดีโอเกือบจะทำให้พวกเขาดูเป็นแคลเซียม และในแง่นั้นก็เหมือนเคลือบฟันมากกว่ากระดูก อย่างไรก็ตาม ภายนอกดูเหมือนกระดูกมากกว่า โดยที่พื้นผิวยังเรียบเกินกว่าจะพิจารณาบางอย่างเช่นไม้ฟอสซิล ถ้าชิ้นส่วนเหล่านี้คือเรซัวร์ อาจจะ@FF7_ยัฟฟี่หรือ@mantixจะสามารถช่วยคุณได้ แต่เมื่อฉันคิดว่ามีโอกาสเกิดขึ้นทางธรณีวิทยา ฉันจะแท็กด้วย@ร๊อควู้ดที่รอบรู้ในเรื่องแบบนั้นมากกว่าฉัน:)

Oh thank you somuch

My instinct is to question if it could be calcified tendon, but when I search it the lonely hint I get among the x-ray photos is a post of an earlier suggestion I made being called fish bonne. :Confused05:

On 3/3/2022 at 9:10 PM, Rockwood said:

My instinct is to question if it could be calcified tendon, but when I search it the lonely hint I get among the x-ray photos is a post of an earlier suggestion I made being called fish bonne. :Confused05:

Thank you