Need help identifying what looks to be an egg

Brad1978

Found this interesting rock and it has me scratching my head but it sure looks like some sort of egg or maybe the pit of a large fruit but then again it could be a concretion but I have my doubts about that.  Hope these pictures have the clarity needed for good judgement.

IMG_20220605_181231_420.jpg

IMG_20220605_181324_920.jpg

IMG_20220605_181312_102.jpg

A chert concretion.  There may have been a fossil at the core.  In spite of any perceived similarities, it is not an egg or fruit.  

• Enjoyed 1
  • I Agree 3

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Yeah I vote concretion too. Especially with the exposed layers showing us the inside. Nature can create some really cool works of art.

And to second what the way smarter man above me said, it definitely ain't no egg or piece of fruit. 

It's a concretion with multiple layers, similar to an onion (onion skin weathering). :)

Edited by abyssunder
  • I Agree 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

It's a weird and very nice concretion.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg