Before buying, I want to know what I'm getting.  It is an Indonesian tooth with the root. I'm wondering if it has been repaired or restored. What do you think?

rs=w_600,h_600.jpeg

rs=w_600,h_600 (1).jpeg

rs=w_600,h_600 (2).jpeg

rs=w_600,h_600 (3).jpeg

rs=w_600,h_600 (4).jpeg

rs=w_600,h_600 (5).jpeg

It's absolutely been repaired - you can see here there's a crack on both sides which follows through to the other side of the tooth:
849905983_rsw_600h_600(1).jpeg.593cb63e3a494a276a2f5b01a368ec20.jpeg.8a2e12195447557a068790f7f81011f7.jpeg213228129_rsw_600h_600.jpeg.6100d4abca866c88c0ca501efccdc5ed.jpeg.4cf0d678145ff883ace4582171ab4d0f.jpeg

This would give me pause as considering where the locations of both cracks are, it's entirely possible the tooth had other meg teeth bits added on to make it "bigger", but it's also possible that it's just restoration done. However the fact that the cracks don't go all the way through to the bourlette and the root are... problematic.

Edited by Meganeura

Fossils? I dig it. :meg:

These cracks are pretty normal, many teeth have them, they are perhaps a little bit restored to make it stronger.

Root does not look original, what is also pretty common for these Indonesian tooth. But this root looks like a USA one. 

Usually the Indo teeth are rootless when dug up, and the root looks sandy soft surface 

But overal its a nice tooth with nice serrations, it all comes down to you if you feel right with a nice price its not a bad buy. 

A perfect tooth with no resto is very expensive. if its + 6 inch  

2 hours ago, Phos_01 said:

These cracks are pretty normal, many teeth have them, they are perhaps a little bit restored to make it stronger.

Root does not look original, what is also pretty common for these Indonesian tooth. But this root looks like a USA one. 

Usually the Indo teeth are rootless when dug up, and the root looks sandy soft surface 

But overal its a nice tooth with nice serrations, it all comes down to you if you feel right with a nice price its not a bad buy. 

A perfect tooth with no resto is very expensive. if its + 6 inch  

See that's the strange thing - the root seems very out of place to me. And the cracks on both ends of the tooth definitely seem like forced elongation - or at least restoration. Which is fine - I mean personally i think the tooth looks gorgeous. Assuming the price is good enough, I'd definitely consider it even with the resto.

I will say there's no nutrient groove in the tooth as far as the pictures show, which leads evidence to the root being resto'd or being matrix.

Fossils? I dig it. :meg:

It's absolutely been repaired - you can see here there's a crack on both sides which follows through to the other side of the tooth:

Such cracks are normal for indo teeth and often mineralized, it's very hard to judge about restorations, just because of hydration cracks. But looking at the root, there might be some restorations, like filled root pitting or eroded root lobes resto. As mentioned, root resto is pretty common with indo teeth, but lets not jump to conclusions based on that, you would need better photos or inspection in hand to say more. 

Unfortunately the only way you can definitively be sure what has been done to the root is hand inspection with a good UV light.   The crown looks good and the hydration cracks like its been said are typically on meg teeth.  Can the seller provide you UV lighted photos?