What am I looking at?

val horn

A friend brought me a gift from their travels.  All I know is that it is from Al-khoud, in Oman.  I dont know anything else and google didnt offer much.  It looks to me to be a collection of 2 sizes of bivalves, and some larger shell pieces.  Any and all help will be appreciated

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

Nummulites, I agree! :)

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

are most of the fossils seen here 2 different large nummulites and not bivalves?

Does this suggest a eocene fossil formation?

Eocene would be good for geological age. I'm not sure about the two large ones. They look contorted like the very large Nummulites I have in my collection, but they are more thick.

The prismatic structure of them and their thickness suggest bivalve, but I'm not 100% sure.

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

8 hours ago, abyssunder said:

Eocene would be good for geological age. I'm not sure about the two large ones. They look contorted like the very large Nummulites I have in my collection, but they are more thick. Discoc

The prismatic structure of them and their thickness suggest bivalve, but I'm not 100% sure.

Agree with abyssunder (ciao abyssunder), though I would not rule out Discocyclina sp. which are often very elongated and sometimes rounded with elongated and contorted extremities  ciao.

• Enjoyed 1
  • Thank You 1