Ediacaran Still Life

PR0GRAM

Firstly, I am NOT an artist and will never claim to be one! I always have and will refer to my “art” as doodles. I draw these on my IPhone with my finger… that is by definition a doodle!

Secondly, I recently realized that there is very little art for a vast majority of Ediacaran Biota. So, I want to eventually give them all their time to shine, even if it’s just doodles with some artistic liberties. This is just for fun after all.

My first is Anfesta. I’m not 100% finished but I wanted to share anyways! Cheers!E58DB4C6-8AED-43A2-B1E7-9BF055111EB3.thumb.jpeg.87708713d5dbb1a4a9464119ea523cc2.jpeg

• Enjoyed 10

Nice work!!  I didn't know what Anfesta was. For others that do not know.....Anfesta stankovskii is a tri-radially symmetrical fossil animal that lived in the late Ediacaran seafloor. It is a member of the extinct group Trilobozoa. Now that I educated myself, did you have an actual fossil to work off of? If so, I would love to see an image of it. Or anyone else with an example. @Wrangellian??

Mike

Edited by minnbuckeye
  • I found this Informative 3

24 minutes ago, minnbuckeye said:

Nice work!!  I didn't know what Anfesta was. For others that do not know.....Anfesta stankovskii is a tri-radially symmetrical fossil animal that lived in the late Ediacaran seafloor. It is a member of the extinct group Trilobozoa. Now that I educated myself, did you have an actual fossil to work off of? If so, I would love to see an image of it. Or anyone else with an example.

Mike

I sadly do not have a fossil of this myself though I’d love one. I used images I found and Wrangellian was kind enough to show me the example he has.

Ill try and include more info on my next posts!

I'd call this a masterpiece, not a doodle! How do you do the cool textures? What program do you use?

1 hour ago, Bringing Fossils to Life said:

I'd call this a masterpiece, not a doodle! How do you do the cool textures? What program do you use?

Thank you for the kind words! I just use the “Painter” app from the AppStore. The sea floor is actually an edited image of the fossilized microbial mat from the Ediacaran.

I've shown in it before in other topics but here it is...

I forgot to include something for scale but it's about 15mm diam (at most).

Anfesta2.thumb.jpg.8a48eb9d70fa75c195510bf91c409295.jpg

Anfesta1-shr.jpg.589adb3d2a1a05253917cf603bd5656e.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

23 hours ago, PR0GRAM said:

I draw these on my IPhone with my finger…

Oh, how times have changed.   2077271944_1949WesternElectricPhone.jpg.ab3392387e3229bfbb5f2a9caff7d154.jpg

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

7 minutes ago, Pagurus said:

Oh, how times have changed.   2077271944_1949WesternElectricPhone.jpg.ab3392387e3229bfbb5f2a9caff7d154.jpg

I may only be 26 but I used this many times at grandmas house:heartylaugh:

13 minutes ago, PR0GRAM said:

I may only be 26 but I used this many times at grandmas house:heartylaugh:

That's good to know, now I don't feel so old... I was a kid in the '80s and we had a rotary phone on the wall. ^_^