Mazon Creek worm(?); any idea which one?

casadelshawn

This worm(?) is vexing me. I've got some clues, but none of them seem to add up to a definitive ID. Any ideas? 

These photos are from the vendor's listing of the specimen.

Yes, I've been through the books, several times.

I'm far from an expert in MC material, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

70605-1.jpeg

70605-2.jpeg

70605-3.jpeg

I don't see any diagnostic features on this specimen, not sure it can be definitively identified.

On the contrary, I am seeing diagnostic features both consistent and inconsistent with the identification I recently produced for @Nimravis on another thread. 

Truly, close-up features of details along the whole specimen, string measurements of the length of the specimen, and close-ups of the ends of the specimen will be able to produce a definitive identification.

~ Isaac; www.isaactfm.com 

"Don't move! He can't see us if we don't move!" - Alan Grant

Come to the spring that is The Fossil Forum, where the stream of warmth and knowledge never runs dry.

Funnily enough, I had messaged aforementioned vendor about this specimen, to try to get into contact with the purchaser, so I could ask if they got an ID - it was listed on the vendor's site as "unidentified", unfortunately. It is a super hilarious coincidence that you, on this very forum, are the purchaser that I was looking for, but I now see it wouldn't have got us much further. :P

Nice to meet you,  Shawn!

If you produce photos in the same orientation as I asked for from Ralph in this thread: 7-14-22 Mazon Creek ID - Fossil ID - The Fossil Forum, I would be more than happy to analyse your specimen and try to whittle down an ID - I'm noticing what could be "fin" like protrusions on the tail end here:

image.png.d57b3c478604dd7e764b5621f0358ed4.png

This could also just be dust, so I would need photos after a light clean with water and a toothbrush - Tim @Fossildude19 has experience with this without post problems with the fossil.

I see some people have used a light vinegar bath and then neutralisation with cold water for a while, but just water should do - I am always wary of using a corrosive on soft-bodied fossils.

Isaac

~ Isaac; www.isaactfm.com 

"Don't move! He can't see us if we don't move!" - Alan Grant

Come to the spring that is The Fossil Forum, where the stream of warmth and knowledge never runs dry.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me