Gatorsmax69

Found this in Alaska along the Anchor River. Unsure if it is a fossilized anything? Almost looks like there are wing impressions on both sides of the narrow segments, which is about an inch long.

20220802_191532.jpg

Interesting rock. I think its non-fossil based on the photo but maybe under a handlens you could pick up something more in the details. Guessing its just a pebble sized inclusion with fractures/cracks in maybe a sandstone. There appears to be another flattened non-cracked inclusion in there as well. I think the apparent wings are just chipped areas but there are some interesting individual grains/minerals/shapes in that area maybe and within the smaller inclusion as well. Do you have a sharper picture of what the matrix looks like--does the other side look any different--looks rather fine grained except for these larger bits? Could just be my photoeditor having fun with me causing me to ask about things that are not there--wont be the first time! 

113775910_fossilunknownAlaskacloseuppossibleinclusionswithquestions.jpg.df6817a55575e173593095edbee2900f.jpg

Regards, Chris