Odd Ordovician rock

Alexthefossilfinder

Hey everyone, 

I just got into the hobby of fossil hunting so please excuse me if this is something obvious. I found this in a rock and I can't find anything quite like it. I live on the Georgian Bay Formation so from my research it should be from the Ordovician. The second pic is from the other side of the same rock, don't know if they're related. The picture doesn't capture it well, but there's a bit of perfect curvature that to my untrained eye looks organic. Any help in identification is appreciated.

IMG_20220729_110315935.jpg

IMG_20220902_190737302_HDR.jpg

It's pretty fragmentary, so hard to get a definitive ID on it. It might possibly be an Isotelus maximus bit, possibly a genal spine. 

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

1 hour ago, Alexthefossilfinder said:

I just got into the hobby of fossil hunting so please excuse me if this is something obvious.

We all have to start somewhere, and what is obvious to some is not obvious at all to others. So… no worries! :) 

I agree with Kane. The first picture gives me an Isotelus fragment vibe. 

Edited by FossilNerd

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

1 hour ago, Alexthefossilfinder said:

..I just got into the hobby of fossil hunting so please excuse me if this is something obvious...

We are all here to learn something new.

• I Agree 1

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

22 hours ago, Alexthefossilfinder said:

Hey everyone, 

I just got into the hobby of fossil hunting so please excuse me if this is something obvious.

You're welcome.