ClearLake

I will be spending the day at Penn Dixie Fossil Park for the first time this Friday. If any other members will be there, let me know if you like and we can swap stories, compare finds, etc. Also, if any of our experienced PD members have any tips for the trip, id love to hear them.  Feel free to PM if you prefer. I’ll try to post some finds here after the trip if we find anything worthwhile. Thanks!!

Good luck!  :)  :Luck: :Luck: :Luck: :Luck:

• Thank You 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Tammy and I visited PD several years back during one of our roadtrips. Several forum members were in attendance that day including @Malcolmt, @Kane and @Mediospirifer. Kane & Malcolm spent most of the morning quarrying large amounts of blocks of shale that we spent the afternoon splitting in search of specimens. I also recall there being a river or creek near the periphery which Tammy and I explored. There were a number of brachiopods eroded out in that area which we enjoyed surface hunting for. The regulars at PD were focused on trilobites but for those who don't frequently hunt the Devonian even brachiopods, rugose corals and crinoid bits are good fun to hunt.

Cheers.

-Ken

1 hour ago, digit said:

The regulars at PD were focused on trilobites but for those who don't frequently hunt the Devonian even brachiopods, rugose corals and crinoid bits are good fun to hunt.

Thanks Ken. Yes, I have Devonian from numerous localities and will be happy  with a nice selection of brachiopods and other representative fauna, but we both hope to come away with a decent trilobite since I know they can be found there. Looking forward to exploring the area.