What and where are the examples of oldest micro fossils?

Lucky1

10 hours ago, Lucky1 said:

Totally not a troll question but can I see some examples I would love to compare.

About nine years ago, we had a member suggest they were finding 3D micro fossils of larva and other things.  In response to unidentified, fuzzy blobs claimed to fossils, i cracked open a quartz based rock and some calcite, then photographed them under an inexpensive microscope.  I've forgotten the level of magnification, and maybe some day I'll repeat the process using better equipment.  Nevertheless, I've looked at a lot of broken rocks, under magnification, in the ensuing years.  The varied mineral inclusions one encounters can be fascinating.

Calcite

Screenshot_20220914-132708~2.png

Screenshot_20220914-132609~3.png

Screenshot_20220914-132750~2.png

Quartz based rock

Screenshot_20220914-132848~2.png

Screenshot_20220914-132935~2.png

• I found this Informative 2

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

You know my pain under the scope to try and capture images! I got some cheap magnetic lights to do top down. Thin sectioning and spending a bit of time polishing it down to 3000 grit made a huge difference. 

I will get much clearer pictures soon. I do for sure see some clear similarities of inclusions and the samples I have, but I also see the much greater complexity of life.

When I get to photo stacking I can show much clearer pictures. I wonder if they have any free A.I. yet to make that easy for me. I also want to try and find something that can scroll and take section images at different depths. Imagine walking away for 30 min and return to scrolling through a large panorama of perfectly focused slide :drool:

If you look closely too in some of the photos I posted in this post you can see the ghosts of larger things. Obviously I will have to show that for it to hold weight but I am confident I can show clear micro macro and palm sized examples in the next few months. 

Either way as you said its fascinating and I am excited to learn more. Thank you for sharing your examples! 

Here is something I believe is beyond inclusion. If you or any one else here as seen an inclusion like this I would love to know what it is! 
The hollow object is within the clear silica quartz vein.

Also the one thing I think is a contamination that  I am now chasing in the polished silica looks like a baby baby trilobite the size of a mite.  

I will be adding the scale later today so when I do I will throw it on the photo as well. 

Likely tape contamination. and the ONLY taped photo in this post. The ret are all trapped well within the silica like clear ice. 

Contam1.thumb.JPG.077b4f3d4037125a2d80c9b0aa6ce630.JPG

This is some ribbed cacti shaped thing. Next to it is another example of inclusions I fand that have a circular seed center on the stem and round oval pill shaped clubs up the side making a frond shape. 

IC4.thumb.JPG.d799279b053fe3860a0a198f068ef848.JPG

These are all the same object in you can see it has depth below the surface as the clearer objects trapped closer to the microscope are first in focus. Again this is all in solid, clear, uncracked silica sections. 

IC1.thumb.JPG.997df9ac077915debe6a3a224c48dafd.JPGIC2.thumb.JPG.15aa3516374e4a46482a08d6e757de11.JPGIC3.thumb.JPG.8281965bfa47726313b0f6ad849003d3.JPG