Mystery Moroccan Dino Bone -- please help

rkfrace

Hello all.  I picked up a mystery specimen.  It's from the Kem Kem (Tegana Formation), ostensibly.  It weighs 1.5 pounds.  The skull has hollow cavitiies (air sacs?) inside, but I can't tell if they're air sacs; for arteries, or for nerves.  They're definitely not mere 'holes'.  I spent hours cleaning out pebbles and tiny/flat river-worn rocks and red matrix that filled almost every one of the holes that you see, so almost all of the holes were open pathways when the creature was alive.  It was sold as Carcharadontosaur, but with an emphasis that it's not known what bone it is.  The bone is solid/heavy, even with the open passages.  

The only two body parts I could think of are 1) skull fragment, but I have no idea what part.  2)  A partial vert: It looks like a neural pathway that runs between a vert and the spinous processes.  However, I've not known vert processes that have this shape.  

Any educated guesses would be deeply appreciated.  Please note that the last 'image' is a video; it provides good context for orientation. I can post additional photos if that helps.  

IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

First let me say that the Tegana Formation does not exist and never did.  Material from the Kem Kem Basin is from the Kem Kem Group that consists of about 6 Formations based on locality.

Interesting bone but I have no idea what you have there and it's not consistent with Dinosaur skull elements that I'm familiar with.  Those holes are weird not sure if they are natural or post mortem.  Again interesting, hopefully others might have more insight

Edit...with all the holes wonder if it's fish?

• I found this Informative 1