Morrison tooth ID (Allo?)

Zomb Ren

As mentioned in the title, I am considering whether this tooth is from Allosaurus sp.?

CH 1.7cm

CBL 0.9CM

CBW 0.35CM

MESIAL: 5/MM

DISTAL: 5/MM

I think mesial serrations extend almost to the base 

微信图片_20221118204459.jpg

微信图片_20221118204514.jpg

微信图片_20221118204521.jpg

微信图片_20221118204534.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

Can you verify the density of this tooth midline.  5 denticles per mm?

If these are your photos let me suggest that you do not use hands to take them, several images are not sharp.  Soft Putty can be used to prop tooth.

Need a sharp photo of Base and one of the mesial carina

12 hours ago, Troodon said:

Can you verify the density of this tooth midline.  5 denticles per mm?

If these are your photos let me suggest that you do not use hands to take them, several images are not sharp.  Soft Putty can be used to prop tooth.

Need a sharp photo of Base and one of the mesial carina

Thanks for your reply. Are these photos clear enough?

微信图片_20221119093240.jpg

微信图片_20221119093234.jpg

58 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Thank you.

I still need you to recheck the serrations density mid line 5mm wide on both carina. 

Are these photos qualified haha?

Thanks

微信图片_20221119191336.jpg

微信图片_20221119191340.jpg

@TroodonSorry for bothering you,sir

I have some doubts. What is the basis for you to identify this tooth as Allosaurus? Is it because it mesial carina extend to the base? its DSDI is 1.5, it is similar to the characteristics of marshosaurus.

Is it necessary to have two conditions at the same time to identify it as marshosaurus? (DSDI > 1.2 & mesial carina extend down at 2/3)

thank you 

Edited by AranHao

In this example the mesial carina extends to the base or very close so that would exclude it being a meglosaurid. 

You always have to look at all the physical characteristics including ratios CBR, CHR, DSDI.  Rarely can you look at just one characteristic on jurassic teeth and say its that.

The tooth is odd with that lingual twist you dont see that on Marshosaurs but if its from that locality its morisson.

12 minutes ago, Troodon said:

In this example the mesial carina extends to the base or very close so that would exclude it being a meglosaurid. 

You always have to look at all the physical characteristics including ratios CBR, CHR, DSDI.  Rarely can you look at just one characteristic on jurassic teeth and say its that.

The tooth is odd with that lingual twist you dont see that on Marshosaurs but if its from that locality its morisson.

Thanks for your explanation, it's very clear:)