johnnyvaldez7.jv

I have these 2 scapula that I've found. The larger one is heavy and has some mineralization to it and I believe this one to be from Equus based on some 3D images I've seen online. The smaller one is fully mineralized and solid as rock. It has some wear in areas that would have made an ID much easier...but despite the smaller size it doesn't seem to match the horse scapula and I can't find  anything online with this noticeable groove that the horse scapula lacks. Any thoughts?

20221210_100047.jpg

20221210_095944.jpg

20221210_095934.jpg

20221210_100413.jpg

20221210_102334.jpg

I think they are both horse, just different sized versions and perhaps if the smaller one is significantly older, it could be one of the prior species that ran around Texas.  Also, I'm not convinced that that groove you are noticing is not some damage or malformation, just looks like it could be to me.  Nice finds.  Have you found enough parts to assemble the whole animal yet?:fingerscrossed::thumbsu:

• Enjoyed 1

Haha....yeah ClearLake I definitely think I may have enough parts for a complete horse....or cow. I find a bunch of those animals for sure. I still have a ton more that needs to be identified and a whole bunch of chunks and pieces that'll never get posted but thanks for your response. I thought perhaps horse but that groove threw me off.  An older prior species would be a cool find if it were so.