Cool Fossil Carvings!

worthy 55

I saw these on Ebay at this sellers store (Whereonearth) and thought that you all would like to see them. The first three pictures are carved out of a Mammoth tooth and the last one is carved out of a Cave Bear jaw. They are so cool looking. B)B)B):D

post-23-1207527842_thumb.jpg

post-23-1207527859_thumb.jpg

post-23-1207527888_thumb.jpg

post-23-1207527898.gif

post-23-1207528026_thumb.jpg

It's my bone!!!

Those are awesome, but I don't know if I like the idea of messing with a really good fossil.

I saw them to worthy! they are really neat fossils and peices of art. Although i do have to agree that i couldnt bring myself to carve a cave bear jaw if i found it!, i still think there pretty cool!

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Very nice! I went to alaska last july and saw many native american artists using mammoth ivory.Also fossil seal jaws and whale bones.This of course inspired me to emulate the art using my broken and commercial grade fossils.they are not such elaborate carvings more like composite sculptures with organic shape and energy.

ArtofExtinction

Excellent craftsmanship, but in my opinion The Man Upstairs is the ultimate craftsman, so I won't even try to top His work.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

From a fellow artist. I couldn't bring myself to do that to a modern bear jaw. Less so with a fossil one. Looks cool, but it's not the best in the world. When they have the show later this year here I will have to get some pics of some bone and antler carvings. Did it sell?