The formation of the Etobicoke Creek

StridaL

Hi there, new to this site. Everyday me and my baby go for a morning stroll in the gulf of the etobicoke creek and I marvel at the shale sediment layers on the west cliff in between Eglington & Burhamthorpe. Being a curious scientist I tried googling it but came up short. The only thing I could written about it's formation was on this site and I've been Googling a lot of Latin words, seeing as how I'm new to the fossil world. Can anybody help answer this question? I'm amazed that the creek isn't a protected site if the shale is indeed over 460 million years old and has fossils!! Mind blown! I can't wait to take my baby fossil hunting when she's older!! Anything to instill the love of the great outdoors! Any tips on that would be greatly appreciated as well! Many thanks

Your tag suggests you have the right formation name (Georgian Bay Formation). It will be quite rich in brachiopods, gastropods, cephalopods, bryozoans, crinoids, two species of trilobite (predominantly), and abundant burrows (ichnofossils). 

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer