Is this a real footbone of a Carcharodontosaurus?

Mikej_fossils

About three years ago I bought this footbone. The seller said it's a footbone of a Carcharodontosaurus. But is it realy? It was found in the Kem Kem beds (Marocco). If it's not a Carcharodontosaurus what could it be? Thanks in advance for the help! - Mike

carc1.jpg

carc2.jpg

carc3.jpg

carc4.jpg

carc5.jpg

carc6.jpg

You should go back to your seller and ask him to show you documentation that supports that assignment.    Collectors need to understand that hardly anything is published that describes to a genus level the feet or hands of most theropods in the Kem Kem, so little is known.  The best we can do is to try to compare bones to those of similar groups from South America.   A bit more is published but there are still huge gaps in our knowledge of these dinosaurs.    From what I can determine it does not match well from what I can see.   Preservation is not the best with the compression and wear but might be Spinosaurid but best it's indeterminate.

@Troodon Thanks for your insight. I will try to contact the seller. Three years ago - when - I started collecting I was a bit more trusting. Recent fossils I have checked with people that I trust and know that they have knowledge about the specimens in question. Thanks again for the help!