Amarykah

Found at peace river (FL). It’s ivory but not like the mammoth or mastodon ivory I’ve seen. My novice research says it’s WALRUS?! Looking for those who know to confirm/deny/educate :) “coo coo cachoo!” (Beatles pun for those who didn’t catch it). It also dried incredibly quickly when I put water on it - vid is for fun because it kinda blew my mind. Thanks!

Walrus tusk would be quite a rarity in the Peace River and several other things that look similar may turn out to be the correct ID. Difficult to tell when no imagery is attached. Well lit and focused photos with scale are preferred to any videos.

Cheers.

-Ken

18 minutes ago, digit said:

Walrus tusk would be quite a rarity in the Peace River and several other things that look similar may turn out to be the correct ID. Difficult to tell when no imagery is attached. Well lit and focused photos with scale are preferred to any videos.

Cheers.

-Ken

Imagery now attached :) I can take more if needed. Thanks!

You can see why I thought walrus from my research below, right? I had never heard of someone finding walrus fossils on the river then saw this and thought I figured it out. I’m new but am putting in the work!

BA49F6BC-D2EE-457A-AF9C-12553FAA2299.png

46CCBC3E-329D-4FE9-82C2-BF29E028CC46.png