Rappahannock creek hunting

Rowboater

Great day!  Took a break from chasing weird lower cow shark lateral teeth, and went to my usual (old) spots.  Not only did I get ~50 teeth, I stumbled across a Cow Shark Symphysial (!, only my third ever) and a cow shark upper tooth.  The biggest tooth (root) is only 0.9" or 2.3 cm; i think it is a mako (?).  The one that looks like a typical mako has serrations, so I don't know what it is (?)  Found one of the biggest drum teeth I've seen, and four angel shark teeth (most broken).  Plenty of sand tiger teeth, just like the old days!  Fun to be out, beautiful weather for late February.  Getting more tolerant of global warming.

Handwritten_2023-03-07_1.thumb.jpg.df627f72c1d181a869421eda3571d087.jpg

2023-03-07_2.thumb.jpg.c364e1ef104413a2798a7a178b1819da.jpg

• Enjoyed 10

nice finds :) bottom right will be a carcharhinus tooth

• I Agree 1

@Bjohn170@Notidanodon  Thanks, I was excited by my 2nd syncytial cow shark tooth in one year, so I was not looking too closely at the other teeth.  Both of the bigger teeth are carcharhinus (gray/ requiem shark teeth), but I assumed by shape (not noting serrations), they were mako.  In my defense, most gray shark teeth I find are little serrated triangular teeth.