Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but how can I contact/join MAPS in New Jersey?

TRexEliot

I've been collecting a few times a year at Big Brook for years now and have a pretty large collection of NJ fossils. I would love to bring some of my stuff to them to get their thoughts and to see if there's anything they would be interested in taking into their collection, but they seem to have virtually no online presence... is there a way to link up with them?

Edited by TRexEliot

• TRexEliot changed the title to Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but how can I contact/join MAPS in New Jersey?
1 hour ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

Are there perhaps two MAPS? The one I was looking for is the Monmouth Amateur Paleontologists Society that gets talked about a lot for founder Ralph Johnson's extensive collection of Atlantic Coastal Plain fossils.

PM sent

Follow me on Instagram (@fossil_mike) to check out my personal collection of fossils collected and acquired over more than 15 years of fossil hunting!

On 4/27/2023 at 5:13 PM, TRexEliot said:

Are there perhaps two MAPS? The one I was looking for is the Monmouth Amateur Paleontologists Society that gets talked about a lot for founder Ralph Johnson's extensive collection of Atlantic Coastal Plain fossils.

Apparently so, and if we throw in all the "M' states, probably 8 more. :DOH:

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!