Randyc89

I was walking around outside looking for rocks and found this I was hoping someone could enlighten me anything at all would be greatimage.thumb.jpg.7e5fe3232e4b686b67abf3bc4012ff74.jpg

Found this fossil and it pups like any information anyone has I do not know anything other than it is a fossil 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This does appear to be a fossil consisting of several elements in a weathered piece of matrix. From what I can see in the pictures the fossils appear to be segments of nautiloid shell (a nautiloid being a cephalopod that resembles a squid with a cone-shaped shell) or crinoid stem segments (crinoids, also known as sea lilies, still exist today but were far more common in the past). 

To help any who could give you a more confident identification (perhaps one that could even narrow it down to the genus if not species), I would suggest taking more focused pictures of the fossil inclusions from different angles in natural sunlight. It would also be very helpful if you could mention the general area where this fossil was found so that members could determine the formation it may have originated in and base the identification on what fossils are known from that formation or geologic period.

It was found in Mississippi I will upload more pictures thank you for the comment