Fossil ID allosaurus or camptosaurus

Hi everyone, I own this wonderful toe bone from the Morrison formation stated to be allosaurus but I have a feeling it came from its contemporary rival camptosaurus anyone know if this is really a camptosaurus.

74967563_IMG_0544(2).jpg

1000608528_IMG_0544(2).jpg

Edited by t rexboy

This was found in Morrison formation of Wyoming. Stated middle toe bone

Edited by t rexboy

estimated around 3.5 inches long and 2 inches wide 

Edited by t rexboy

If you would like me to look at this bone I need, well lit, sharpe, straight in photos of both sides, no obtuse angles,  thanks.

Here it is in better photo quality non obtuse

sorry for the spam just wanted to do it in a better photo

IMG_0856.jpg

Isolated bones are tough, thanks for the photos.   You typically need photos from all sides and measurements to try to ID a specimen.

I'm leaning toward theropod most likely digit III - 3.   Allosaurid is the best bet since they are the most common one found but other big theropod were around so its not a certainty it's one.   If Allosaurid cannot say which one.   

• I found this Informative 1

I agree its an allosaur probably allosaurus fragilis since its the most common theropod distributed compared to jimmadensi, torvosaurus and ceratosaurus and the size is similar to foot bones proably compressed

Edited by t rexboy

I did not say its an allosaurus fragilis, I said possibly Allosaurid.  You have Allosaurus fragilis, Allosaurus jimmadensi and Saurophagus maximus and I doubt you can distinguish between these bones or assume it's one over the other just because one is more common.   

• I found this Informative 1