Fosldog's Big Wood

fosldog

Im not too sure about proper way to post pictures but hopefully this link will work.

Heres a picture of me and my 110lb piece of petrified wood I packed out in the snow this past weekend.

Also a shot of the miseryhole it came out of. The photo doesnt do the steepness of the slope justice, they were about 50 to 60 percent.

just goes to show it doesnt matter what conditions are, threat to life, limb, or equiptment, once we fossil hunters come on a big find, we just gotta have it!

IMG_0008.jpg

Edited by Anson
Removed dead links

Very big chunk of wood! In what area of the country did you find it in? I sure don't envy your having to haul it out though.

If you want, in the future to directly post a pic on here, there is a place below the post, where you can browse

your computer, click on it to open, then under the heading of manage attachments, just click on the code of the image and it puts it in your post..

Welcome to the forum!

This whopper came out of a steep drainage that slid out over this past winter in the NW corner of Oregon near the Clatsop-Columbia County lines.

Havent ID'ed it yet,thats my next project.