....still Laughing......

Uncle Siphuncle

O and here is how detailed ill get

1. Quarry in linn county, Iowa

-Contains over 200-300 diffrent species including streight cepheopods that get up to 15+ feet long

2. Various exposers near Debuque, Iowa

-Contain extreme amounts of strieght c-pods.

-Only 5 different speicies of fossil were found.

3. Quarry in Lee county, Iowa

-Contains some of the best silirian cert/dolomite fossils in the USA.

4. Various exposers near a lake in linn county, Iowa

-Contains an extreme abundance of corals, and poorly preserved bracs.

-Possible crinoid head and rare amminoids have also been found there.

I would list the other 200 sites i have found just in iowa alone, but i dont wont to waste your guy's time.

Edited by frozen_turkey

Anytime I go to a site and someone else shows up, I just say Dan told me to come here, I suggest everyone should do the same. Doesn't matter if he shared with you or not.

putting site specifics on the internet isn't the same thing as telling a friend who loves fossils. it's also telling every scrounger out to make a buck without paying taxes. it's telling every person who doesn't like fossil collecting where the biggest "problems" are with it. actually it's telling the whole world forever until such time as the info is removed, not only from the place it was originally posted, but from every location online where it's been cached by the web spiders of all the search engines, etc.

the metropolitan areas of houston and the dallas/ft. worth area have some of the largest populations in america. each have over six million residents. "spreading the word" on sites near either of those areas is not the same as mentioning a place in the boonies.

as for the public sites, i have no way of knowing when a large club or school group has visited them the day before i want to go, so i'm not going to drive for hours to find the place strip-mined and me with nothing to do. some people haul out of sites in one day more than tj and i have taken home in our entire time of collecting fossils.

sometimes telling "the world" about a place seems to be the functional equivalent of bulldozing it...

Ahhhh....this was all the best laugh in my week. We'll need to do this again soon.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Ahhhh....this was all the best laugh in my week. We'll need to do this again soon.

Sure! Just tell us where to meet you in Texas. :)

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Well don't you know that every time you post a picture of a site, I use Google Earth to look at every square inch of the small state of Texas to find an exact match of what I see in the picture!! Now I know all your secrets!!

:lolu: LOL