Huge Tooth!

crf250rsx3

I found this today in mansfield along with a bison jaw? and a 2in. vert. This is now my largest tooth no the best looking tooth but its big.

Jordan

post-323-1212365085_thumb.jpg

post-323-1212365111_thumb.jpg

Dang Jordan, that tooth is huge! Must be some radiation near there..(kidding)

I can't say about the jaw..

YAY for your finds!

Welcome to the forum!

Wow, that's the biggest tooth I've seen so far from that area, and a huge vert! :o Congrats!

The jaw is great also.

Wow, that's the biggest tooth I've seen so far from that area, and a huge vert! :o Congrats!

The jaw is great also.

Thanks guys that tooth nearly gave me a heart attack when I found it

Impressive!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Wow huge is right word. The only other tooth I have seen of that size in that area came from the mansfield pit, and it was found by all people, one of the dirt bikers. He rode home after I told him was I was doing there and grabbed it. I bet it was over 2 inches long by 1.5 wide. My jaw just dropped. And he didnt want to give it up either. :(

Hey im that kid!

I didnt find it at the pit though

So I take it the fossil bug bit you. Pretty addicting!!

extremly addicting!

crf250rsx3 is the person responsible for addicting me to teeth. The boy has good eyes.

FD

crf250rsx3 is the person responsible for addicting me to teeth. The boy has good eyes.

FD

I guess its kinda my fault too. I was there they were all riding. I did notice when after they all went home he came walking back to the pit. It only takes one good tooth and thats it. Your on your hands and knees crawling around looking for more. Theres always one more tooth to be found.

I found this today in mansfield along with a bison jaw? and a 2in. vert. This is now my largest tooth no the best looking tooth but its big.

Jordan

This appears to be an example of Cretodus crassidens. On the basis of size this would seem to separate it from Cretodus semiplicatus the other large tooth of the Texas Cretaceous.

Great find :D:D

This appears to be an example of Cretodus crassidens. On the basis of size this would seem to separate it from Cretodus semiplicatus the other large tooth of the Texas Cretaceous.

Great find :D:D

Jax told Jordan and he told me, and now my back always hurts... :o

FD

swwet tooth, but i really like the jaw, i guess cause i have never found any mammal material.

swwet tooth, but i really like the jaw, i guess cause i have never found any mammal material.

[/quote

jax is pretty much the reason im looking for teeth thanks.

that is the first kind of mammal I found

Jax is the reason jordan hunts,jordan is the reason my dad hunts,jordan,jax and my dad are the reason i hunt.It's a huge chain.lol

So JAX is a carrier....

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

So JAX is a carrier....

I have created a monster!!

So maybe I should get a cut of the stuff you guys find :D Its only fair

I actually ran into some newbies at one of my favorite spots today and they had never seen or heard of a Ptychodus tooth. I let them have a small one I had found, and a few other teeth I had. They are just like us, and cant wait to find more and more and more. I told them about this site, so I hope to hear from them again. Pretty cool people. There a younger couple if anyone sees them.

I didnt make it to mansfield today, I got called back into work...