For Members Who Have Hunted Along Calvet Ciffs!

Guest bmorefossil

Guest bmorefossil

ok i have a bunch of teeth missing parts and want to start a program so we can help people find the parts of the megs they need. This is basicly for brownies and another spot that has only one other member going to. I will post pictures of all the sad broken megs tomorrow and i hope to get some response. IT would be cool if we were able to get at least one meg togeather.

A friend of mine has both halves of a 4 1/2" Stratford Hall Meg that were found at least 4 years apart in the same one mile stretch (vague, but who kept data on half-heartbreakers?). I gave him my half after extracting a right-to-first-refusal should he ever wish to divest. I believe he still has it/them, 30 years later.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest bmorefossil
A friend of mine has both halves of a 4 1/2" Stratford Hall Meg that were found at least 4 years apart in the same one mile stretch (vague, but who kept data on half-heartbreakers?). I gave him my half after extracting a right-to-first-refusal should he ever wish to divest. I believe he still has it/them, 30 years later.

well i have two 4.5 - 5 inch teeth with no roots and a 5 inch tooth root, and quite a few halves of teeth from 3-4 inches.

Guest bmorefossil

here they are, the group down bottom left are from brownies and so are the big root and the split tooth top row. Except for a few things from willows everything else is from another spot.

post-17-1213708506_thumb.jpg

post-17-1213708530_thumb.jpg

post-17-1213708559_thumb.jpg

post-17-1213708585_thumb.jpg

post-17-1213708606_thumb.jpg

Guest N.AL.hunter

Man this will be neat if you can find the matching partner for these teeth! I'll keep my fingers crossed!! Question, who gets the whole specimen if you do find someone with the matching part?

Guest bmorefossil
Man this will be neat if you can find the matching partner for these teeth! I'll keep my fingers crossed!! Question, who gets the whole specimen if you do find someone with the matching part?

after thinking it over it would have to go to the owner of the larger piece unless they are nice enough to give it to you.

• 4 weeks later...