Newst Addition To My Collection.

Sharkbyte

This is my newest addition to my fossil collection and while I have no Dinosaur fossils, it still goes great as a display piece. I got it yesterday. It is an Allosaurus Lifesize Skull Replica. It measures 33" long. Several years ago when my kids were in elementary school, I used to enjoy showing fossils to the classes and talking with the kids. I want to get back into that. I am trying to save up for a Replica Smilodon or Saber Tooth Tiger skull. Kids love stuff like that and they never forget you.

post-6069-0-54175700-1314926430_thumb.jpg

post-6069-0-45132300-1314926458_thumb.jpg

post-6069-0-94024200-1314926489_thumb.jpg

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

Thank you. I won it on ebay from trhourglass (seller name) or you can just type Allosaurus skull in the search and his will show up. He has several cast skull types and he has added a VERY cool Coelecanth Fish replica. A word of advice. If you decide you want one and can be patient, he is inconsistant with his starting bid price and it varies week to week with at least a $50 difference. I waited for over a month to bid and got it at the opening price. Quality wise. I would give it a very high B or a low A. It appears he has probably poured quite a few casts from the same mold and it no longer has quite as much detail as his stock photos. Overall though, I was very pleased and have no problem recomending him. I have done a bit of mold and cast work myself over the years as a taxidermist and the more casts you poor from the same mold you do tend to sacrifice some finer details over time. Still a very nice conversation piece.

Very nice... Looks like a quality piece. May I ask where you got it?

I tried that and my Dog attacked me and won. It was very top heavy and I couldn't keep my head up to fight her off. Just kidding of coarse.

very cool, cant have that in my house, my 7 year old would put it on his head and chase the 2 year old around

Thanks for the recommendation. It's great to get one from someone who knows what he's looking at. Thanks also for the benefit of your Ebay experience.

Thank you. I won it on ebay from trhourglass (seller name) or you can just type Allosaurus skull in the search and his will show up. He has several cast skull types and he has added a VERY cool Coelecanth Fish replica. A word of advice. If you decide you want one and can be patient, he is inconsistant with his starting bid price and it varies week to week with at least a $50 difference. I waited for over a month to bid and got it at the opening price. Quality wise. I would give it a very high B or a low A. It appears he has probably poured quite a few casts from the same mold and it no longer has quite as much detail as his stock photos. Overall though, I was very pleased and have no problem recomending him. I have done a bit of mold and cast work myself over the years as a taxidermist and the more casts you poor from the same mold you do tend to sacrifice some finer details over time. Still a very nice conversation piece.

Hello Siteseer,

You are more than welcome. If you buy one let me know how you like it. By the way, I seek advice from Forum members all the time on items I'm interested in and it has always been worth my time. I hope to aquire a few more replicas and other real fossil over time.

Bobby

Thanks for the recommendation. It's great to get one from someone who knows what he's looking at. Thanks also for the benefit of your Ebay experience.

This is my newest addition to my fossil collection and while I have no Dinosaur fossils, it still goes great as a display piece. I got it yesterday. It is an Allosaurus Lifesize Skull Replica. It measures 33" long. Several years ago when my kids were in elementary school, I used to enjoy showing fossils to the classes and talking with the kids. I want to get back into that. I am trying to save up for a Replica Smilodon or Saber Tooth Tiger skull. Kids love stuff like that and they never forget you.

Very cool. I happen to have a 1/4 scale smilodon skull I got from CM Studio and painted that I was about to sell if you want first chance pm me an email address and I will send you some pics and info. It is painted to look like it was removed from a tar pit.

Tommy

Hello Tommy,

Thanks for the offer. I think I am going to save for the Full size cast from Bone Clones. I am going to choose the Tar pit finish as well.

Bobby

Very cool. I happen to have a 1/4 scale smilodon skull I got from CM Studio and painted that I was about to sell if you want first chance pm me an email address and I will send you some pics and info. It is painted to look like it was removed from a tar pit.

Tommy

"I used to enjoy showing fossils to the classes and talking with the kids. I want to get back into that. I am trying to save up for a Replica Smilodon or Saber Tooth Tiger skull. Kids love stuff like that and they never forget you."

Kids would LOVE to see your impressive Allosaurus skull, and hear about your fossil collecting exploits. If you design a program that's educational and fun, I'm sure you would be welcome at many schools. I've brought my marine-life program, with live critters, to thousands of school kids and they remember it for years, as you said. Go for it!

Mike

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Thanks Mike,

I think I am going to give it a run again. My Son will be graduating in a year and a half. He is majoring in Elementary Education. He and I both, have a lot to offer kids as far as my time and intrest goes but I want to add a few more items such as the Smilodon Cast first. Maybe by the time Christmas has passed, I will be doing displays and talks where ever I am wanted as long as it is close enough to make traveling doable. I remember all the times I went to my kids school and brought fossils and artifacts or just read to the kids. They really loved it and so did I. For the longest time, I was simply known as Reading Man by all the kids. I was Santa Clause severl years as well. Thanks again for the push.

Bobby

"I used to enjoy showing fossils to the classes and talking with the kids. I want to get back into that. I am trying to save up for a Replica Smilodon or Saber Tooth Tiger skull. Kids love stuff like that and they never forget you."

Kids would LOVE to see your impressive Allosaurus skull, and hear about your fossil collecting exploits. If you design a program that's educational and fun, I'm sure you would be welcome at many schools. I've brought my marine-life program, with live critters, to thousands of school kids and they remember it for years, as you said. Go for it!

Mike