Triarthurus And Others...

ebrocklds

Man, Solius you're scaring me. I know no one wants it to get better more than you, but I hope your local doctors get a handle on it...make it happen.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Dang man, that leg is nasty!!!!!! Try drinking alot of whiskey. It will make you feel better and thin your blood lol. They may soon need to coderize that soon.

With rocks in my head, and fossils in my heart....

Guest Nicholas

Solius, the turn for the worse seems to be an understatement. I hope you're getting all the medical care you can, stop hunting and keep that leg up! We're all routing for you!

Guest solius symbiosus
Try drinking alot of whiskey.

I decided to climb back on the wagon about the time that it took a turn for the worse, so maybe I should start drinking again. :) I do love my corn liquor... perhaps, too much!

• 3 weeks later...

man I dont know you but I wouldnt wish that on anyone. I have an off the wall suggestion but its worth looking into. I have had hydrogen peroxide and vitamin c thru an IV as a treatment for chronic Lyme. I know it sounds bizarre but people have had results. It super oxygenates your blood. Even soaking your leg in water with a couple bottles of hyd. per. and epsom salts will draw nasty stuff from your leg and improve circulation.

Good luck,

Tuscarora-th

• 1 month later...
Guest solius symbiosus

It has been a while since I have done and update on the leg, and some people have been asking, so...

Thanks to some recommendations from a fellow member(thanks, you know who you are) the thing has, finally, started healing. It still looks bad, but the edges have started closing up. So, hopefully, it will only be a few more months.

Anyway, here are some pics.

post-179-1241066482_thumb.jpg

BTW, for your enjoyment, that is an enrolled Isotelus(sans glabella), and a pygidium from same, just above the leg. I found that a couple of months ago while collecting the bed that has been producing all the trilobites.

It sure looks better that it did, but I was hoping that it had healed by now. Hopefully it won't be much longer.

Holy Cow Man, change round where you have been putting the alcohol! Man fossil hunters should get Purple Hearts for real!

Guest N.AL.hunter

It is hard to believe that this is a true statement if someone were to see this injury for the first time... but it really does look better. Glad to see it is healing.

• 2 months later...
It has been a while since I have done and update on the leg, and some people have been asking, so...

Next update? how ya Doin' solius?

Kevin Wilson

• 4 months later...
Guest solius symbiosus

Thanks for the concern. Auspex, normally a wound like this wouldn't be a problem, but I suffer from other complications that inhibit the healing of wounds to the lower extremities. I'm thinking 6-8 months to heal, but we'll see.

For the newer members reading the Orchid Thread; ignore the rest...

Dang, what has it been 15 months??? I really thought that It would be healed by now, or gone. It was starting to look like I was going to loose the thing this spring, but thanks to a member(that will remain an anonymous), I still have the leg.

Too, it is almost healed. I was hoping for the end of summer, but now it looks like, perhaps, the end of winter??? it really does look a lot better... about the size of a quarter, but it still looks nasty due to the inflammation, if you haven't been following the drama.

I'll post a pic soon.

For the newer members reading the Orchid Thread; ignore the rest...

Dang, what has it been 15 months??? I really thought that It would be healed by now, or gone. It was starting to look like I was going to loose the thing this spring, but thanks to a member(that will remain an anonymous), I still have the leg.

Too, it is almost healed. I was hoping for the end of summer, but now it looks like, perhaps, the end of winter??? it really does look a lot better... about the size of a quarter, but it still looks nasty due to the inflammation, if you haven't been following the drama.

I'll post a pic soon.

Im a noob on the boards, but I just read this entire thread......wow. :o

It takes much strength of character to not completely loose it when fighting long term debilitating injuries. If you are ever round Texas your drinks are on the house good sir.

The one thing I haven't heard is what actually happened? I was going to say that you were mauled by a mountain lion or fought off a grizzly but still....man.

Good luck, I hope things heal up and you are able to get your rock on!

Solius, what a thread and story you have here. The leg injury---WHOA--Oh my Lord! Triarthus and orchid pictures pale in comparison---although the former are pretty awesome! Glad to hear you are still progressing. Continued healing! Best wishes, Chris

Wow, Tim. I'm glad to hear it is almost healed. Hadn't seen you around here much lately and was wondering how you were.

Tim,

You need to start the new year with all your skin! The Texas invite is still open. ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Hi,

Woh! I just read this thread. Solius, I wish you to be fast cured. It has been a long time now since you were hurt, it is long!

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Guest solius symbiosus

Thanks for the concern all.

My hard drives/OS went kapluey on my old box, so I still have to add some software to this one in order to upload photos... soon.

If you are ever round Texas your drinks are on the house good sir.

Aaaah Sir, thanks for the invite. But, when you learn that one of my other "hobbies" is imbibbing some of the finest that Kentucky has to offer, in excess, you might want to with draw that offer... unless, of course, you own a distillery. :)

Wow...Just read the entire thread. That's quite an adventure and a scary story, Solius. I'm glad you're finally starting to heal. Take care of yourself and be well.

• 6 months later...

A few people have ask, so:

It is doing a lot better. It has been almost two years, and I thought that, one way or the other, it would be settled by now... maybe, by the winter??? It is nearly healed, but in the mean time, enjoy the nice Isotelus gigas. :0

post-2802-12741075668785_thumb.jpg

looks alot better now. hopefully it will all be done soon. any luck prepping your bugs. i still haven't dared. but i did pick up a nice scope and just need to get a few attachments so that i can use it for prep. then i think i will work on them.

Brock

looks alot better now. hopefully it will all be done soon. any luck prepping your bugs. i still haven't dared. but i did pick up a nice scope and just need to get a few attachments so that i can use it for prep. then i think i will work on them.

Brock

Yes it does! Hopefully, this winter it will be a memory.

I haven't attempted to prep, yet, but some conversations with others have pointed out flaws(perceived) in his technique... I guess time will tell???

Edited by cousin it

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old post but dang dude like 2 years to heal wow.

I guess you might have Diabetes then?

Hope all goes well on that wound.

I think they started using a vacuum system on deep wounds now that pulls all the junks out so it heals from the inside out.

Cheers

Jeff