New Spoils Are Arriving At The Pit Of The Pungo In Aurora

John Hamilton

Taffie not sure if you keep up on the GMR hunts here on TFF or not so I am going ahead to tell you if you do not like water sometimes chest high get some waders before you come and bring an old pair of sneakers or boots that can get soaked. Have a shovel and screening box. Bring something to snack on if you need that during the day and a water bottle or cooler can work also...

GMR is right inside the city of Greenville,NC and from the creek you can see someones backyard in some areas you seem out in the middle of nowhere too. There is places to stay motels around Greenville to stay the night and plenty to choose from to eat also. There are two access points really for GMR one being 5th street park and then Elm street park off 10th street. This are available during the week anytime during the day. On w/e's you have a little more in places to park, If you come up you can PM anyone of us and get more info as needed... Jeff

I can't believe you can bring a shovel, digging tools can get you in big trouble in the best places around here. I have several screens with different size screen in them and all of them float. I had no idea the water was so deep in some places. I will have to shop around for some waders. You guys have been so kind, thanks. I'm looking forward to planning this trip.

No you don't. I live about a mile from GMR. I can show you.

Thanks Rick, I look forward to meeting you guys some day soon. I would say when the weather warms up but that would sound crazy right now.

Taffie

Taffie there are some who walk the sand /gravel bars, and some use a little garden spades, I learned quick from Rick, Mike and crew that full-on-garden shovel is the tool haha :) Be it flat end or another type is all your choice. I always bring a spare cause if you are out there one day by yourself and your ONLY one breaks you are up the creek haha... Not really to bad though not sure where the Lowes or Ace hardware are at in Greenville but sure you could get resupplied easy enough... Some times there you can stick to a gravel bar and may not even get wet except feet and hands... But some days during the early part of the year and late year lots of sand/gravel is under water....It is forever changing there....Thats what is so cool about going... That and seeing people jogging on the jog/walk paths while you walk by in a pair of waders toting a shovel and screen...1st time I went I was parinoid about that but soon realized it was nothing to be worried about. They are all used to seeing the weird fossiliers out in their reagalia haha... ANyway PM any of us if you have any questions closer to your trip if you are able to come... Look forward to meeting you if all works out and not busy... Jeff/Tarheel

You must be very knowledgeable at finding micro teeth in your car... :D did you every find any carpet megs...???? just a little fun...