Is This A Real Elosuchus Tooth?

-Andy-

http://www.ebay.com....9#ht_500wt_1156

As some of you might know, I have been on the hunt for various Cretaceous marine predators, one of which is a marine crocodile.

i came across this Elosuchus tooth in Ebay and snatched it up quickly, as I 've never seen an Elosuchus tooth being up for sale before.

I would appreciate it if any experts could look at it and judge if it's a genuine Elosuchus tooth.

Thanks!

Edited by -Andy-

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Hi Andy,

Yinan is a very trusted and reliable member of ebay and TFF. One of the items you linked appears to be an auction that has already ended and in any event that Xiphactinus fossil is only listed as available at one active listing. Evidently that purchase was canceled for reasons unknown. :)

Edited by piranha

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

There is zero chance that this seller would scam anybody! He is, in my experience, beyond reproach and completely professional.

I understand that you are seeking feedback on your purchase, but I wish that such could be done without casting aspersions on individuals with disparaging comments. :angry:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks for confirming guys! I see I had prematurely judged this guy!

There is zero chance that this seller would scam anybody! He is, in my experience, beyond reproach and completely professional.

I understand that you are seeking feedback on your purchase, but I wish that such could be done without casting aspersions on individuals with disparaging comments. :angry:

My apologies. In recent times, I was repeatedly warned that ebay wasn't the safe dealer haven I thought it was, which shocked me, and one of the warning signs I was taught to look out for was when some dealer is selling a duplicate of the exact same item. Naturally, I was very worried when I realized that guy was doing so with the Xiphactinus jaw. I shall change my comments.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Thanks for confirming guys! I see I had prematurely judged this guy!

My apologies. In recent times, I was repeatedly warned that ebay wasn't the safe dealer haven I thought it was, which shocked me, and one of the warning signs I was taught to look out for was when some dealer is selling a duplicate of the exact same item. Naturally, I was very worried when I realized that guy was doing so with the Xiphactinus jaw. I shall change my comments.

Its possible the BUYER of the original posting backed out If you look on 2nd posting it said at bottom expired so maybe he (buyer) did not want it for reasons we do not know. From what I read the seller just relisted the same item. I have my opinion that the BUYER cancelled the sell not the seller. I too sell items on Ebay though mine are non-fossil items and I have had buyers back out not wanting to pay for high (international shipping and Ins) or other reasons of their own. Jeff/Tarheel

Edited by Tarheel59