Labor Day = Fun At Greens Mill Run!

tokashikibob

I ran up the stairs to answer the phone. “Yo, whadup! Youse reddy for tomorrow?” The man from N.Y says. “Yeh Man. I was just loading up the truck with shovels and the screen. Should be a good time with the weather looking fine and all.” Me, N.Y. Rob, Goosebumps, and Gerald “Real Tooth” Real were scheduled to have all the East Coast Club fun at GMR on a beautiful Labor day morning!

Upon reaching the park, the conditions were perfect for a great hunt with the water level low, temps perfect, and snakes at a minimum. I had the pleasure of meeting Brad from Black River Fossils who carpooled down from High Point N.C. with Gerald. Soon, Brad had a rare find for the area with a handsome piece of petrified wood screened from the bottom of the river. N.Y. Rob scored a huge Mako and Goblin tooth early but then his luck went stone cold. “I got absooluuutely nut’in outta my gravel bank! Whadda %@!*.” he was heard to say.

When I talked to Gerald, he and I both had nothing really noteworthy to display at the time however, downriver Goosebumps (who jumped my old claim) had a riker box full of treasure with not one but two Great White teeth, one in perfect condition. A horse tooth and 2 sazzy hemi’s among a ton o’stuff he pulled from my spot. Now that I think about it, I was cursed yet again by this fellow being in my proximity.

( Note to self: Push Goosebumps overboard next time were on ship together.)

It was definitely a lot of fun and we need to schedule a big hunt up there soon, now especially that we have a Hurricane scheduled to clean it out!

Bob

Oh yeh, I got some photos with the story on my blog at Blog site

Bob,

We had a great time in the creek. Me and Brad both did well getting nice great whites further upstream. We passed Goosebumps on the way, as

he was working a honey hole that seemed to be producing every tooth in the book. I'm already looking forward to getting back - I think Brian

is looking for a Saturday dig in the near future.

-greel

That's a plan Gerald! Maybe the 13th after the storms blow thru town..? Ole Goosebumps dug in my hole from last year and cleaned out my reserves! Now I'm at a loss on where to shovel!!