Chew On This! Minty Fresh Post

fishgator

No, this is not a fossil, or a cloned trilobyte. This is however the most improbable coincidence ever. While discussing intelligent design I gave an example of a new creation having to use whatever resources were at its disposal, and likened it to being in jail. The creativeness of inmates with limited recources is amazing. So while discussing the many uses of toothepaste I squirted some on a business card. Further on in the discussion, at the exact moment I said "Before something can evolve it must be created" I unfolded the card with the toothepaste on it, which I had been fiddling with and this is what appeared. God, a good friend and associate as my witness this is no joke. 2 questions... 1 How annatomically correct would this be if it were the nervous system and soft body parts of an early cambrian trilobyte? 2 what are the odds of this happining in the manor that it did. BTW I will soon be posting more pictures reguarding my first post. Hopefully I will have gallery access after this post. I would like to think that some of my mysteries are explainable. This one is but a drop in my bucket of strangeness. The mother of all improbable occurences with witnesses and tangable evidence is forthcoming, as soon as i can wrap my head around it. the truth is definately stranger than fiction.
Jack Hughes

post-8094-0-10147200-1331890555_thumb.jpg

post-8094-0-27315900-1331890557_thumb.jpg

post-8094-0-60871000-1331890558_thumb.jpg

post-8094-0-33230500-1331890560_thumb.jpg

post-8094-0-99685300-1331890561_thumb.jpg

I think I will sit back and just watch on this one. However, that being said, I am unsure of what the toothpaste in the hand proves/supports. Further more, I am not sure why you would expect it to be anatomically correct. It is just toothpaste and no it is not. As far as the odds of creating your 'creature' - well paraeidolia is quite common in our culture, so I suspect it depends on the person.

cheers,

-PzF

Edited by paleozoicfish

it looks like fresh Nova lox, it is making me unaturally hungry for a bagel

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

...what are the odds of this happining in the manor that it did...

The evidence before us shows that it did happen....but I can impart no significance to the result other than to suggest that it is reproducible, were the same random steps to be followed exactly.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

As a schoolchild, we did the same thing to make symmetrical butterfly pictures. Circular rubbing motions and viscosity would make that shape and those striations. Repeat the process a few times and you'll see that it's perfectly replicable. I agree with Paleozoicfish; you've not made it clear what this shows; you made a pattern that looks vaguely like something in retrospect.

Do you mean to tell me not one person with a background in biology and anatomy will humor me on this. How about at least one overlay. Or a comparison to known elements of the central nervous system. Sure the origin is unorthidox. I would like to think if the universe speaks someone will listen. C'mon guys pretend for a minute you don't know this is toothepaste. Show me how you would debunk a claim of "Living Trilobyte" Until someone has done so I can't begin to calculate any odds.

I'm not sure what you are driving at...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

you were humored already, you just didn't realize it.You mean you expected someone to do an overlay for you as well....?

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

In a fantasy realm, there is no burden of proof and any claim can be debunked for any reason.

:)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

No, this is not a fossil, or a cloned trilobyte. This is however the most improbable coincidence ever. While discussing intelligent design I gave an example of a new creation having to use whatever resources were at its disposal, and likened it to being in jail. The creativeness of inmates with limited recources is amazing. So while discussing the many uses of toothepaste I squirted some on a business card. Further on in the discussion, at the exact moment I said "Before something can evolve it must be created" I unfolded the card with the toothepaste on it, which I had been fiddling with and this is what appeared. God, a good friend and associate as my witness this is no joke. 2 questions... 1 How annatomically correct would this be if it were the nervous system and soft body parts of an early cambrian trilobyte? 2 what are the odds of this happining in the manor that it did. BTW I will soon be posting more pictures reguarding my first post. Hopefully I will have gallery access after this post. I would like to think that some of my mysteries are explainable. This one is but a drop in my bucket of strangeness. The mother of all improbable occurences with witnesses and tangable evidence is forthcoming, as soon as i can wrap my head around it. the truth is definately stranger than fiction.
Jack Hughes

I assume in your own way you are trying to say that this displays radial symmetry. The odds that it would display radial symmetry are 100 percent because of the way it was made. This in no way means that it is a living system. Large living systems display symmetry because their ancestors display symmetry, it is not a prerequisite for life. There are many "primitve " organisms that are not symmetrical. Try squashing your toothpaste between two planes and make an unsymmetrical system.

Brent Ashcraft

ashcraft, brent allen

Jack Hughes

I don't... get it... :blink::wacko:

Do you mean to tell me not one person with a background in biology and anatomy will humor me on this. How about at least one overlay. Or a comparison to known elements of the central nervous system. Sure the origin is unorthidox. I would like to think if the universe speaks someone will listen. C'mon guys pretend for a minute you don't know this is toothepaste. Show me how you would debunk a claim of "Living Trilobyte" Until someone has done so I can't begin to calculate any odds.

I'd call it a poor diagram; trilobite musculature and nervous system was much more confined to the central lobe.

Firstly, you appear to committing one of the fundamental fallacies perpetrated by intelligent design advocates; calculating probabilities retrospectively. What makes this improbable? Is the context of the conversation, or simply that it looks, to your eyes, like a trilobite?

Edited by THobern

I'm pretty sure the first lifeform was not formed by squishing it between sediments, even in Northern KY.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I think your little subject is interesting and as you stated "C'mon guys pretend for a minute" . I have applied my imagination to your discovery and can view it as probable. A fully functioning imagination is what leades to the discoveries most can not conceive.