Fossil crab trip

lawooten

We took a trip to a local quarry and we were invited to go down into a newly dug and deeper section. We found some boulders that had crabs in them. This quarry is known locally for its complete crabs if you know where to look. We have always had good relationships with the people with the quarries. We ended up bringing four bolders home that had crabs all through them.

post-764-1221324056_thumb.jpg

The best days are spent collecting fossils

We took a trip to a local quarry and we were invited to go down into a newly dug and deeper section. We found some boulders that had crabs in them. This quarry is known locally for its complete crabs if you know where to look. We have always had good relationships with the people with the quarries. We ended up bringing four bolders home that had crabs all through them.

Great !!! :) Any posibility to have one of them? :blush:

Great !!! :) Any posibility to have one of them? :blush:

LOL I would but the request has to go through my husband too and he is stingy. I know he won't trade for the one he collected which is the first pic but all the others I found. To trade I would do no prep work and send it so that anyone who wants it can do the work themselves. I have not done this kind of prep work before so I would normally box it up safely and store it until I feel I can do it justice to the specimen.

Looks like a real prep challenge!

Nice stuff.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

LOL I would but the request has to go through my husband too and he is stingy. I know he won't trade for the one he collected which is the first pic but all the others I found. To trade I would do no prep work and send it so that anyone who wants it can do the work themselves. I have not done this kind of prep work before so I would normally box it up safely and store it until I feel I can do it justice to the specimen.

Nice !!! if your husband say yes, I dont have any problem in prepping it.

this morning I were drivin 500 kms for a quick fossilcrab trip too, soon I will show you the results :)

Hey there lawooten. Im with MB. I would love to trade to get one of those crabs from you. Prepping out the fossil crabs and the lobsters are my all time favorite fossils to play with. I have the old and slow 56 modem so I cannot open your pic files, but would love to see them. anyway you could shrink the file size and email me at ronfossil58@msn.com

RB

Yes so I will wrap them up good and box them away till I feel I could do the job right