Trilobites...as I Get Them Clean

fossiladdict

Very nice indeed, Lyla. I want to collect more in the summer too but I can't neglect at least the gluing involved, which often takes more time than the collecting, but some days in peak of summer it's too hot/muggy even up here to collect, so it's OK.

Very nice indeed, Lyla. I want to collect more in the summer too but I can't neglect at least the gluing involved, which often takes more time than the collecting, but some days in peak of summer it's too hot/muggy even up here to collect, so it's OK.

It's not near as hot this year as it was last year as we've only been in the hundreds a few days. I am collecting kind of like Bob does- collect, pack up, and clean later lol. I do glue some of them back together and mark where the bug is in the rock. Others I wrap up. The lizards also get me sidetracked because I have been watching them quite a bit and since I love photographing nature- lots of pictures get taken of them. post-4072-0-54389600-1375042038_thumb.jpg (July 4th picture)

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

Cool picture girl, you have a way with Trilo's and lizards-----Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

I'd be taking pics of lizards too if I saw them. Do you pick them up and put them where you want them, or did this one just voluntarily crawl onto your hat? ;)

I remember seeing a lizard quite similar out west. I was thinking that someone had left a toy lizard, and then he blinked...

I like crinoids......

I'd be taking pics of lizards too if I saw them. Do you pick them up and put them where you want them, or did this one just voluntarily crawl onto your hat? ;)

This answer to that is simple, look at this picture and do you see those teeth? post-4072-0-86117700-1375323810_thumb.jpg

No...I've seen what they do to each other...they bite for sure. I am around them quite often and have some that are used to me being there- the one with the hat- it took me about an hour to get him to do what I wanted him to do. Patience for sure. Of course, usually I'm not trying to get them to do anything in particular. I usually just take their pictures and watch them. I've seen them do all sorts of stuff. They are the mini-dino's in today's world :).

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

They are pretty----Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Yes, very colorful.

An hour that you could have been collecting trilos?! Well it is a good shot (both are).

Yes, very colorful.

An hour that you could have been collecting trilos?! Well it is a good shot (both are).

You forget I'm there quite often :).