Psittacosaurus Meileyingensis

WRM

Hey guys,

This is my new pet. His name is InPsittoo. (yes, pronounced "in sea too"). He's a 27 inch long juvenile Psittacosaurus Meileyingensis, probably about 4 years old. We think that he was buried over by a mud slide which allowed him to skirt predation and gave him an edge in overall preservation. He was acquired from and articulated by Mike Holmes of Triassica in the UK. If you have never dealt with Mike, he does amazing work and the process of acquisition, articulation and shipping was much more than professional. I recommend him highly. Of course the US Department of Fish & Wildlife (what happened to "Game"?) took it upon themselves to unbox him and toss through the box like a kid on Christmas. This caused a week of customs delay and 3 broken/separated bones. Thank God that we had plenty of Paleobond to put him back together again. Unfortunately, his skull is a little compressed on the left side but basically everything else is there (including an intact brain case and most of the spinal processes) and everything belongs to him except the left side ribs which Mike recreated to perfection. Bill

post-6533-0-74111800-1348791113_thumb.jpg

post-6533-0-54916000-1348791123_thumb.jpg

post-6533-0-78976200-1348791137_thumb.jpg

post-6533-0-33658100-1348791151_thumb.jpg

post-6533-0-68847200-1348791163_thumb.jpg

post-6533-0-86470000-1348791182_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Congratulations on your new showpiece!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hi Bill,

Wow, your very own baby dinosaur! What a great specimen and a beautiful mount job as well! Thanks for sharing the images.

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett

His name is InPsittoo. (yes, pronounced "in sea too").

"In situ". I like it. :)

Very cool piece. I like the pose. It looks like he's foraging for food.

Context is critical.

• 2 weeks later...

That is one great skeleton!

I have been wanting to buy one from the team at Triassica for quite a while and looking at yours has just confirmed that I will definitely get one.

Thanks for your post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Really cool. I have my eyes on a juvenile psittacosaurus aswell. Just have to save for a few more...years but it'll be worth it.

An amazing showpiece! Congrats on your new baby!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Beautiful! :wub:

He must have grown a bit by now? 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Very nice specimen congratulations.  I do know Mike he lives in the next village to me and is a very nice man. About 4 years ago he gave me a whole cast of a Psittacosaurus that he collected out of all the misshapen mold he made for this replicas. He did not want to throw them in the bin. It took me a 6 weeks to clean, paint and mount it but it looks nice.