Unique Fossils Capture ‘cambrian Migration’

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

ScienceDaily (Oct. 12, 2008) — A unique set of fossils indicates that 525 million years ago marine animals congregated in Earth’s ancient oceans, most likely for migration, according to an international team of scientists.

Find the article HERE!

It will be days before I can get past the coolness of the fossil enough to begin thinking about what it means!

What a find!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest Nicholas
It will be days before I can get past the coolness of the fossil enough to begin thinking about what it means!

What a find!

One of the most amazing fossils I've ever witnessed. I'm glad you said something, I was beginning to think people were just like... "So what!" This is an article I'll be printing out to save. :)

Won't be too long before you can buy one on Ebay :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

"Another possibility...is that the animals may have been preserved before they hatched out of this long egg case."

I like this idea better than the "migrating chain", since mobility would have been impeded by a head-to-tail linking.

...I love these critters, I would love a fossil of one. I'm just not sure what it is.

Triops!

Guest Nicholas
PZ Myers posits other senarios for this behavior at PHARYNGULA.

Be forewarned! This site is not for the faint at heart.

Thanks for the link Solius, I love the site personally... but the commentary it gets is slightly to be desired.

Very interesting, thanks for posting it Nick. Correct me if I'm wrong. Seem to remember seeing a similar behavier in lobsters during migration.

• 4 weeks later...
Very interesting, thanks for posting it Nick. Correct me if I'm wrong. Seem to remember seeing a similar behavier in lobsters during migration.

Nope, you're not wrong,

KOF, Bill.

Welcome to the forum, all new members

www.ukfossils check it out.

But I am waiting for them to change their minds or for someone to come along and say it aint so. That is what usually happens with new findings.