The Best Finds From July To October 2012

RomanK

Hi Roman, nice collection of material! Enjoy seeing the fine detail in the photos. I dont recall what kind of setup you have to take photos...I've been trying justifying getting a decent camera and or microscope hookup and was curious what you are using and how much setup is involved with taking your stuff...pretty quick? Is it as simple point and shoot...or does it take alot of cropping and photoediting? I think you mentioned what you use before but I forget and searching for "microscope" in the forum doesnt seen to pull any hits...

Regards, Chris

Hi Chris! Thank you for your comment. I use quite simple and old digital camera Kodak C360 in macro mode as a rule for the fossil shoting. Second thing I use the binocular optical microscope to make a close up. For that micro picture I use Nicon coolpix L3 digital camera which is quite simple and cheap as well but has a small objective diameter corresponded to the microscope eyepiece and I just put camera back-to-back to the microscope to take a picture. If you work under the bright sunlight you have no need to improve your picture. For some particular cases you would need the Photoshop or other image editor. That's all. Regards, Roman

Roman.... I particularily like the Calamites goepperti & Psaronius (arborescent fern trunk)... You have had a good month my friend... I'd be happy with any of those ;)...

Edited by Terry Dactyll

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Very nice finds and pictures! :)

Thank you Gery!

Roman.... I particularily like the Calamites goepperti & Psaronius (arborescent fern trunk)... You have had a good month my friend... I'd be happy with any of those ;)...

Thank you Steve!

Excellent finds and exemplary presentation, Roman :wub:

It's always a pleasure looking at these beauties!

Thanks for sharing them ;):)

Astrinos P. Damianakis

Beautiful photography, presented very artistically, as always awesome specimens---Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"