Giant Clam/ Oyster Or Nothing?

DesertDingo

OK,

Just joined up because I recently found something on a trip to the desert that has me scratching my head. The area was at one time an ancient sea which leads me to think it could be a clam or oyster but any input would be greatly appreciated as to just what this thing is.. (Can't get pics to upload because file is too big) Anyone that can help, let me know and I can send you pics.

Thanks!

It is no problem to size a picture down so that you can upload it within the limits that are allowed here. I have the german version, maybe the words are translated in another way than I do it, but you can try it:

1. open the picture on your PC with "Paint"

2. after opening the picture that way, you see only the left upper corner of your picture; it is very large now. Now you have to click in the uppermost line (above the picture) on the button "image" or "picture" or something like that (in my version, it is the button left to button "colours")

3. in the little "window" that opens now, choose "STRG + K"

4. in the little "window" that opens now, the first numbers are 100 % and 100 % (below that: 0 % and 0 %). You can reduce now from 100 % / 100 % to 50 % / 50 % (then the pic has only a quarter of its original size) or even less. If necessary, you can even reduce to 30 % / 30 % or less. Both percentages must have the same value, otherwise the proportions of the "new" picture are not correct.

5. don't change the percentages 0 % and 0 % in the lower half of that "window"

6. save the picture with another name so that you can find it on your PC when you want to upload it into your post

That's all.

araucaria1959