A Few Texas Fusinilids

mikecable

post-7463-0-87646400-1368307460_thumb.jpg

Not much else to say. Just relaxing and playing in my lab.

Hi Mike,

Nice pix :D

I sent some from TX last year to the Foraminifera Project. www.foraminifera.eu) and they did cross-sections of them , pretty cool. They are either under Penn. or Permian, don't remember which.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

No matter how common or small, fusulinids are always fun to find. :)

Context is critical.

Verily, it is an undeniable truth upon the face of it. :D

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

On a DPS trip to the Wilson Clay Pit along with some guys from Abilene, I got some assistance at finding fusulinids from the local red ants. One of the Abilene guys named Gary, who knew I liked microfossils, bagged me some material from around the top of one of the many red ant (not fire ants) mounds. It was filled with fusulinids. Is this the same Mike (and Gary) that we met and hunted with back in May of 2012?

On a DPS trip to the Wilson Clay Pit along with some guys from Abilene, I got some assistance at finding fusulinids from the local red ants. One of the Abilene guys named Gary, who knew I liked microfossils, bagged me some material from around the top of one of the many red ant (not fire ants) mounds. It was filled with fusulinids. Is this the same Mike (and Gary) that we met and hunted with back in May of 2012?

Same Mike and Gary. I (Mike) am the one who bagged the ant mound material for you. Hope you enjoyed it.

Does anyone know how far down ants go to excavate their tunnels? That may help narrow down the anthills to examine.

Context is critical.

Some can go down several yards.