What "fossil Creatures" Have Turned Up Frozen.

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

Well I'm just curious what types of ice aged evidence of animals have turned up frozen?

I know they have found human remains, woolly mammoth, and woolly rhino(I know thanks to auspex)... anything else?

post-163-1227153353_thumb.jpg

YES, more than 1000 iceage fossils including musk oxen, moose and caribou in cave.............. find article here http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1051...ld-storage.html Sorry I can't figure out how to link it. Here is another one for plants, pollen and insects http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/sci.290/5499/2062

Remember the movie "The Thing"? :o

I'm partial to John Carpenter's version :faint:

Then there's Otzi (ice man of the Alps).

• I found this Informative 1

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest solius symbiosus

Nick, In the early part of the last century(I can't recall the date 1925???), the Paleontological Society of England served steaks from a mastodon, that had been recovered in Siberia, at their annual conference.

Guest Nicholas
Nick, In the early part of the last century(I can't recall the date 1925???), the Paleontological Society of England served steaks from a mastodon, that had been recovered in Siberia, at their annual conference.

Yes I've read many times that fossil meat had been frozen so well it was edible.

Thanks for the replies and the info, such fossils have always interested me because they are the closest shot to creating living forms of extinct species or variations of species.

• 11 years later...