Carboniferous Plants From France 73

docdutronc

The basic layout is the same, but there is quite a difference in the details between S. crepini and S. artemisiaefolioides. I am a slow student, but I might be beginning to see :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

The basic layout is the same, but there is quite a difference in the details between S. crepini and S. artemisiaefolioides. I am a slow student, but I might be beginning to see :)

The basic layout is the same you say ......,Sphenopteris artemisiaefolioides is also named Eremopteris ,Eremopteris missouriensis have been founded ....

Eremopteris bears a great resemblence to Sphenopteris, but is distinguished from the latter by it's larger, more irregularly-shaped leaflets, which can be either lobed or disected. The leaflets are also usually decurrent, and lack a definite midvein.

The essential difference between Eremopteris ( sphenopteris ) and sphenopteris crepini (also named crossotheca with fertile pinnates ) is the reproduce organs,they are like small bells...

post-967-1228030435_thumb.jpg

The basic layout is the same you say ......,Sphenopteris artemisiaefolioides is also named Eremopteris ,Eremopteris missouriensis have been founded ....

Eremopteris bears a great resemblence to Sphenopteris, but is distinguished from the latter by it's larger, more irregularly-shaped leaflets, which can be either lobed or disected. The leaflets are also usually decurrent, and lack a definite midvein.

The essential difference between Eremopteris ( sphenopteris ) and sphenopteris crepini (also named crossotheca with fertile pinnates ) is the reproduce organs,they are like small bells...

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain the differences in the species, you are a good teacher and I look forward to learning much more from you. You specimens are a great learning tool for all to see and compare. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.